athena on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:55:24 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Whoops.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 12:34:26AM -0400, Glotmorf wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2004 at 0:17, athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 11:16:46PM -0400, Phil Ulrich wrote:
> > > Bugger it, I'm doing it anyway; if it doesn't work, so be it.  I
> > > submit the following CFJ:
> >
> > I randomly assign that CFJ (nonsensically numbered -0) to Araltaln and
> > -3 to Wonko. We're still awaiting judgment on the [irrelevant] CFJ -1,
> > assigned to Teucer.
> >
> > I add the comment that a previous version of r0 actually used
> > "Administrator" for "Emergency Coordinator", if my memory serves me,
> > so it's likely that the intent was indeed as described in the CFJ.
> >
> > The Pause is now at 1.
>
> The intent of r0 was to act independently of the entire rest
> of the ruleset, if necessary.  The previous version of r0 that
> referenced an Administrator started out by saying that, as
> part of the Procedure, "an Administrator is determined."  That
> sentence, plus the reference at the beginning of r0 that says
> a missing Administrator is a possible emergency condition,
> should indicate that the intent was to figure out at that time
> who is or should be the Administrator, which may or may not be
> Dave.

I agree with that.

> So...exactly why was this changed?

Um... because it didn't indicate what it should have to everyone.

I think someone didn't like that the steps referred to an
"Administrator" who wasn't THE Admin (because "Admin" should be a
uniquely identifying name?).

Zarpint