Craig on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:09:03 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

>There was a reason why Dave chose the ten-day week for B Nomic, and it
>was precisely to avoid the sort of regularity you seem to be aiming
>for. The idea was that different times of week are better for different
>people to vote - some people might have many weekend commitments, so to
>be fair, the vote should fall at different times every nweek.

Care to propose a checkpoint schedule for the nweek under a new calendar,
then? I have no particular attachment to 14 days myself, it just seems to
work.

>I personally don't like the idea of a 14-day nweek; I'd much prefer
>seven if you want it to match "real time", but frankly, I like the ten.
>Or at least, I liked the ten, back when nweeks were fairly reliably 10
>days... we just need to redesign things so that we don't need to stop
>game time every three days.

We're hoping with this to not need to stop every three days, so it's
predictable.

>As for discordianism... I prefer to avoid mainstream chaos. This is B
>Nomic, where chaos radiates outward from us like Flies from a Rotting
>Whale Corpse that's just been Blown Up Rather Nastily. We certainly
>don't need to bring the chaos of others into this mess.

I agree. I'm happy with Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Tango, myself.

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx