Daniel Lepage on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:46:46 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

If I may interrupt your dialog for a moment...

There was a reason why Dave chose the ten-day week for B Nomic, and it was precisely to avoid the sort of regularity you seem to be aiming for. The idea was that different times of week are better for different people to vote - some people might have many weekend commitments, so to be fair, the vote should fall at different times every nweek.

I personally don't like the idea of a 14-day nweek; I'd much prefer seven if you want it to match "real time", but frankly, I like the ten. Or at least, I liked the ten, back when nweeks were fairly reliably 10 days... we just need to redesign things so that we don't need to stop game time every three days.

As for discordianism... I prefer to avoid mainstream chaos. This is B Nomic, where chaos radiates outward from us like Flies from a Rotting Whale Corpse that's just been Blown Up Rather Nastily. We certainly don't need to bring the chaos of others into this mess.

--
Wonko