Daniel Lepage on 30 Dec 2003 05:32:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

On Sunday, December 28, 2003, at 10:26 PM, Zarpint Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Baron von Skippy wrote:
-The who? I'm not trying to construct a big plot here (although I'd like to see Prose Props come back), I'm just saying that we had these specific locations on the Old Grid, and maybe a few survived in one form or another. I'll also take this opportunity to respond to anyone in favor of 11-dimensional space and 32 bots apiece by asking a simple question, namely "Are you off your bloody rocker?" But that's not wholly fair - tell you what, if someone can show me a simple way to draw a 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 superduperultramegauberhyperhyperhypercube on a 2-dimensional web page, I'll be all for this idea...-

Yes, of course I am off of my bloody rocker. What kind of Nomic player
would be ON eir bloody rocker?

In an emergency, I might get on my bloody rocker. During times of peace, though, I try to only be on my raspberry-jam-covered rocker.

And congratulations--that's the best name for an 11-dim cube I've heard of.

I wanted to call it Bob.

But if you really want a simple way to put it on a web page, just use two 32x32 grids, with red lines every two, blue ones every four, green every eight, and purple halfway down the middle. No one said it's easy to visualize, but I think that's the best way of presenting the data in a human-readable form.

I think 'human-readable' means we have to be able to understand it, not just read it.

Are you all for it? <wink>

I find nothing more enjoyable than spending a few hours trying to deduce the state of the game from a flattened eleven-dimensional grid. Except, of course, for NOT spending a few hours trying to deduce the state of the game from a flattened eleven-dimensional grid.

--
Wonko