Baron von Skippy on 29 Dec 2003 03:47:55 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

>> -The who? I'm not trying to construct a big plot here (although I'd like to see Prose Props come back), I'm just saying that we had these specific locations on the Old Grid, and maybe a few survived in one form or another. I'll also take this opportunity to respond to anyone in favor of 11-dimensional space and 32 bots apiece by asking a simple question, namely "Are you off your bloody rocker?" But that's not wholly fair - tell you what, if someone can show me a simple way to draw a 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 superduperultramegauberhyperhyperhypercube on a 2-dimensional web page, I'll be all for this idea...-
>
>Yes, of course I am off of my bloody rocker. What kind of Nomic player
>would be ON eir bloody rocker?

-Someone who doesn't mind red stains on the winged seat of their pants.-

>And congratulations--that's the best name for an 11-dim cube I've heard of.

-You're too kind, sir.-

>But if you really want a simple way to put it on a web page, just use two
>32x32 grids, with red lines every two, blue ones every four, green every eight,
>and purple halfway down the middle. No one said it's easy to visualize, but
>I think that's the best way of presenting the data in a human-readable form.

-Well, that divides it into a pretty grid, yes, but I don't see how it represents anything.-

>Are you all for it? <wink>

-Run the colored lines thing by me again and maybe.-