Bill Adlam on 4 Dec 2003 20:45:59 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Rock, Paper, Pirates

Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >The judge is randomly selected from what set?
> -Players, I'd think.-

Too bad if your judge is on leave.  Or if e leaves the game.

> >What if the judge's e-mail address is hidden/bouncing?
> -We should be able to figure it out based on where their Nomic
> messages are coming from. If it's bouncing, well, that's always a
> risk anyway, isn't it?-

So there should be a contingency plan.

> >How do we find out who won?
> -We pay attention and see who got the attribute.-

How does the admin know whom to give the attribute to?  There's no
requirement for the judge to tell eim who won.

> >For timing reasons I think it's a bad idea for any rule to force a
> >player to post a message.  In fact, I'm contemplating a proposal to
> >that effect.
> -Um, so then how would you /rather/ we vote and propose rules and
> play Go? It's fine to force message sendings as long as the rule
> features a backup plan if a player doesn't post (usually they lose
> out on something).-

Players aren't forced to do any of those things.  If there is a backup
plan, it's not forced.

Sagitta