Craig on 4 Dec 2003 22:50:14 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Rock, Paper, Pirates

>> >The judge is randomly selected from what set?
>> -Players, I'd think.-

>Too bad if your judge is on leave.  Or if e leaves the game.

Hrm.

>> >What if the judge's e-mail address is hidden/bouncing?
>> -We should be able to figure it out based on where their Nomic
>> messages are coming from. If it's bouncing, well, that's always a
>> risk anyway, isn't it?-

>So there should be a contingency plan.

How about if it states the rules, creates a CFI, and has the players send
their messages to the judge of that? Then it is protected by all CFI rules,
*and* the result is public.

>> >How do we find out who won?
>> -We pay attention and see who got the attribute.-

>How does the admin know whom to give the attribute to?  There's no
>requirement for the judge to tell eim who won.

See above.

>> >For timing reasons I think it's a bad idea for any rule to force a
>> >player to post a message.  In fact, I'm contemplating a proposal to
>> >that effect.
>> -Um, so then how would you /rather/ we vote and propose rules and
>> play Go? It's fine to force message sendings as long as the rule
>> features a backup plan if a player doesn't post (usually they lose
>> out on something).-

>Players aren't forced to do any of those things.  If there is a backup
>plan, it's not forced.

There's currently a backup plan in the proposal.

 -- Teucer

"btw, did I mention i'm a sentient AI?"
 -carbon

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx