Daniel Lepage on 14 Sep 2003 21:49:49 -0000

[spoon-discuss] INH

So now I'm kind of curious. A number of subgames have been created recently, yet INH lies unused. What would convince people to make use of it? Subgames run independently of everything else can't really generate serious revenue, as nobody would want to play if one player stood to profit massively from it. The whole point of INH, then, was to not only give such subgames a nice place to dump excess points, but also to allow those excess points to be used in other subgames that spent more than they got. INH subgames also have the advantage of costing Dave nothing, since the Subgame Statutes are maintained either by some official in the subgame, or by me, whereas right now, any change to the rules of Go, Tunnelers, or Mercantilism means another database edit for Dave (and changes to Go mean more proposal updating and vote counting, too). So what I'm wondering is, what is it about INH that makes subgame authors unhappy? And more importantly, what could I do to it do make people more willing to use it? Is the subgame definition too restrictive? Do you think I have too much power? Is the entry fee too high? Are you waiting for it to gain some real money? Did you just forget about it?

Or do you just think it's a stupid idea in general, and I should give it up and nuke the society?

--
Wonko