Daniel Lepage on 14 Jul 2003 22:34:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Where do we go from here?

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 12:08  AM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

Well, then, shall we use stats that start at zero and can be improved over time, which give us varying percentage chances of doing things...one of them being puzzling out effects we observe?

Newbies would be at a disadvantage, though we could potentially solve that by letting them get limited-use stat boosters, which they can use while they gain experience...or, for that matter, sell...

-Or experienced players could train them in exchange for their stats going up a little as well. It would be a huge boon for the newbies and a small one for the oldies, but would take very little effort for the teacher, so it's worth it overall.-

You know, all of this planning is dependent on having someone who affirms/denies everything... that's gonna be a lot of work; so we couldn't just dump it on Dave; on the other hand, giving it to any player gives that player phenomenal power; in fact, it effectively means instant dictatorship.

Why exactly can't this be confined to a personal world somewhere? If you want to give yourself DM powers, then you can, in your own little fantasy world. But let's not turn the entire game into Dungeons and Dragons, 'cause that's gonna get ridiculous.

--
Wonko