Emil Bleehall on 20 May 2003 13:32:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Declaration of Peace

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [spoon-discuss] Declaration of Peace
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:22:36 -0400

B Nomic Players-

The players of Nomicron have passed the following Declaration (per rule 454). As the Sponsor of the Declaration, I am sending this on behalf of the players of Nomicron:

DECLARATION OF PEACE

We, the players of Nomicron, with the understanding that the majority of players in B Nomic harbor no hostility toward the players of Nomicron, would like to state an expressed desire for peaceful relations. To show our good will and friendship, we offer this icon of our Nomicow, our most revered and sacred creature.

-Out of curiosity, Emil, wasn't this one up as a prop, or at least an RFC, when I left some time ago? I'd almost forgotten about it... how exactly did it take so long to get through? Was there opposition to it?

It passed, almost unanimously (me abstaining, the newly-returned creator of Nomicron opposing without explanation). Sounds of shoulders dislocating as they patted themselves on their pudgy, self-satified backs. Then they piddled around looking for an icon. Something about graven images and such. Then someone suggested the Nomicron ambassador should deliver the message. Then someone nominated me. Then someone pointed out that the ambassador prop had failed (mostly because some bastard proposed it). Then the admin asked if it would be okay aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh!!!! etc.

On a side note, a cow seems appropriate for their sacred animal... it's big, unwieldy, and doesn't turn well...-

Plus it farts constantly. Makes repetitive noises. Moves in a herd. Has the brains of a, well, cow. More than an icon, it's more like a mother figure.

And a big HELLO to all the Nomicron players who read this list!

Emil "I surely do know how to make friends and influence people" Bleehall