Daniel Lepage on 27 Apr 2003 22:14:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Anti-Nomic actions

With regards to the subjugation of other nomics, it is my belief that while the Baron and Glotmorf have mentioned the possibility of joining and destroying other Nomics, I don't think either of them were serious in their musings. I can assure any and all players of all nomics that I have no intention of doing anything to undermine other nomic games, nor, I believe, does any other player of B Nomic.

I would like to suggest that it was a bit undiplomatic of Orc to imply that Glotmorf and BvS were evilly plotting to overthrow all other nomics... the exact words were:

All the stuff about doing bad things to other nomics has been by Glotmorf and BvS.

Have you or have you not said that we could do things such as mass-join another Nomic?

They did, but I believe it was in jest.

As for Glotmorf, wouldn't be the first time he's tried to subjugate a Nomic to his will. We has to live under his thumb for a month or so.

Did you or did you not attempt and succeed to take over B Nomic? Did you or did you not have an extended rule?

I think there's a substantial difference between taking over a game you're playing and maliciously joining a game with the sole intent of taking over. And I would like to point out that Glotmorf's rule was largely due to ambiguous phrasing which you introduced.

--
Wonko