Orc In A Spacesuit on 19 Apr 2003 20:47:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Friday evening)

From: Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
That's only a difference in how you perceive things as happening; it's not a difference, as far as the rules are concerned, in how they happen. In either case, the player is forced to move by another object; whether or not e caused said forcing is not the business of the Siren, as it is not mentioned in the rules.

However, while looking up rule references to support this claim, I seem to have reversed my earlier decision. I now agree that the CFI is true; it would be equally true had the attempted move been the result of a Pinballing.

References (all as of nweek 38, when the action took place):
I. Rule 301.E.2.2.
If it is not the Tango Season, Players in a Siren's ZOE may only move to other Grid Squares in that Siren's ZOE, and Players in a Siren's ZATR may only move to Grid squares in that Siren's ZATR or Grid squares in that Siren's ZOE.

II. Rule 301.A.2
	A Move is a step between two consecutive squares.

III. Rule 1071.B.
	If an Airspeeder takes a move, all objects in it are moved with it.

According to II, a move is a move regardless of whether you did it yourself or you had it done for you. So you can't make your speeder force you to move; but other players can't force you to move by hitting you, either.

"A move is a step between two consecutive squares." Who said anything about stepping? I was dragged, more like it.

Methinks the movement system could use a bit of a tweak.

Which is what that Movement prop I just proposed should help with.

Orc in a Spacesuit