Baron von Skippy on 9 Apr 2003 01:40:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Step one on the road to InterNomic II

Wow, Nomtella. :P What about the United Nomics? Kind of like InterNomic, but
the members can do things behind its back, like invading other Nomics for
suspected weapons treaty violations? ;)

-You've managed to hit it right on the head. What I'm looking for is /not/ a centralized InterNomic, but a more flexible web, which better mirrors the real world. The idea of a global police organization which sets the ideas for the world is far newer and less successful than the idea of no two sets of international relations being alike, with trade, subterfuge, sneak attacks, secret deals and alliances, and so on, all existing according only to the rules of those who are participating in them. And that invasion thing - that might happen. If another Nomic steals our stuff, we could organize a coalition to take them down. Why not?-

Hm... The only other active nomic I know about is Agora, and I'm not even sure
where that is... Most of the ones on the Wiki, last time I looked, had
out-of-date entries.

-Then look under "active games" at the Wiki. Let's see...
Agora Nomic
Blog Nomic (open only to bloggers)
Civ3 Democracy Game (active but strange)
ErgoNomic (I think - hard to tell)
Live Journal Nomic (closed at the moment)
No-Name Nomic (status unknown - I don't speak German)
Nomicron (active but slow... they welcome new players, though - 8 new ones in March)
Pustic (might be active, but the web site is down at the moment)
Ruby-Nomic (apparently, one of its players logged on 3 hours ago)
YibMOO *N:Tangle (might be alive, but I don't have telnet or a MOO client, so I can't tell)

So, that's between 5 and 10 other Nomics on Nomic Wiki alone. I'm sure there are more out there, we just have to find them.-

Sausages inna bun! Only 10 BNS, and that's cutting me own throat! *ducks*

-Fear not, hitting you would be hypocrisy - I've re-read about 12 of his books in the last three weeks, for no apparent reason.-

[[BvS]]