Daniel Lepage on 25 Mar 2003 00:35:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 37 BALLOT

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 12:09  AM, Glotmorf wrote:

Following is the M-Tek Position on the Nweek 37 Ballot:

Proposal 1380/0: E=MC^2 (bd)

Shelve. Needs a tad more precision, since one insta-rule might not only be the opposite of another, it might be the superset of the opposite of another. For instance, an insta-rule permitting beer cans to be thrown at Wonko and another prohibiting throwing beer cans at all players would both be destroyed.

They'll only mutually annihilate if you bring them together...

Proposal 1388/1: Unlikely Icecapades (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Shelve. "Standard Abuse", despite the fact that it's currently used in the rules, is not defined.

r1269: "Thwocking, Whacking, and Pinballing are all forms of Abuse."

They're Abuse, and they're standardized, so they're Standard Abuses. The term 'standard' distinguishes them from any other strange kind of abuse we might come up with.

Proposal 1391/0: Just one more Nweek... (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

A total score reset *and* a 420 point jackpot? Wow.

Proposal 1392/0: But that's MY Nomvivor winnings! (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

A tax free 420, even. Hmmm....

Proposal 1394/0: Fire Burns (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes. Though I submit this doesn't qualify under the song form, since (a) "fire" is used both as a one-syllable word and a two-syllable word, and (b) the fourth line is a syllable short. And remind me to slap Wonko for introducing song form...

It's only used as a two-syll word... and really I just wanted Song Form because I was so close to getting a Charm Win.

But then Orc Loopholed past me, and now it doesn't really matter.

Proposal 1395/1: Unanimous Yes (Sheeba)

Shelve. It doesn't say the author of what, or what "all the votes" were cast for. I could see this interpreted as, "When someone casts all 'yes' votes on a given nweek's ballot, all points e earned from that ballot are doubled." I assume that's not what Sheeba meant. I'm voting "shelve" rather than "no" because I assume this is a wording issue.

I was thinking it meant that if every game ever cast in the history of the game was a 'yes' vote, then all props earn double points... Which would be kind of useless now, but would be an interesting clause to stick in an initial ruleset... I'll have to write that down somewhere.

Proposal 1396/0: In Memorial (The Voice)

No.  Don't make me get unbridledly hostile.

I change my vote on this to YES, if it's not too late.

I voted for most of these, IIRC.

--
Wonko