Glotmorf on 25 Mar 2003 13:59:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 37 BALLOT

On 3/24/03 at 7:34 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

>On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 12:09  AM, Glotmorf wrote:
>
>> Following is the M-Tek Position on the Nweek 37 Ballot:
>>
>>> Proposal 1380/0: E=MC^2 (bd)
>>
>> Shelve.  Needs a tad more precision, since one insta-rule might not
>> only be the opposite of another, it might be the superset of the
>> opposite of another.  For instance, an insta-rule permitting beer cans
>> to be thrown at Wonko and another prohibiting throwing beer cans at
>> all players would both be destroyed.
>
>They'll only mutually annihilate if you bring them together...

Still, even so, nevertheless...Bring two substances together that produce a reaction.  If not all of one substance is consumed in the reaction, it leaves residue.  So the combination of the above two insta-rules should leave behind one (or several...cool, fallout rubble) insta-rules that prohibit throwing beer cans at all players other than Wonko.

>>> Proposal 1388/1: Unlikely Icecapades (Orc In a Spacesuit)
>>
>> Shelve.  "Standard Abuse", despite the fact that it's currently used
>> in the rules, is not defined.
>
>r1269: "Thwocking, Whacking, and Pinballing are all forms of Abuse."
>
>They're Abuse, and they're standardized, so they're Standard Abuses.
>The term 'standard' distinguishes them from any other strange kind of
>abuse we might come up with.

But is standardized the same as standard?  I think being pinballed is fairly peculiar abuse, myself.

>>> Proposal 1391/0: Just one more Nweek... (Baron von Skippy)
>>
>> Yes.
>
>A total score reset *and* a 420 point jackpot? Wow.
>
>>> Proposal 1392/0: But that's MY Nomvivor winnings! (Baron von Skippy)
>>
>> Yes.
>
>A tax free 420, even. Hmmm....

Well, I *am* off the Island...got my own interest to look after...

>>> Proposal 1394/0: Fire Burns (Orc In a Spacesuit)
>>
>> Yes.  Though I submit this doesn't qualify under the song form, since
>> (a) "fire" is used both as a one-syllable word and a two-syllable
>> word, and (b) the fourth line is a syllable short.  And remind me to
>> slap Wonko for introducing song form...
>
>It's only used as a two-syll word... and really I just wanted Song Form
>because I was so close to getting a Charm Win.

"Fire burns constantly" uses it as a one-syllable word; otherwise it wouldn't overlay "jingle all the way".

>>> Proposal 1395/1: Unanimous Yes (Sheeba)
>>
>> Shelve.  It doesn't say the author of what, or what "all the votes"
>> were cast for.  I could see this interpreted as, "When someone casts
>> all 'yes' votes on a given nweek's ballot, all points e earned from
>> that ballot are doubled."  I assume that's not what Sheeba meant.  I'm
>> voting "shelve" rather than "no" because I assume this is a wording
>> issue.
>
>I was thinking it meant that if every game ever cast in the history of
>the game was a 'yes' vote, then all props earn double points... Which
>would be kind of useless now, but would be an interesting clause to
>stick in an initial ruleset... I'll have to write that down somewhere.

Then there's "when all the votes cast by all players on a particular ballot are 'yes', then the author of this rule gets eir score doubled."  I don't think the concept is really limerick-friendly.

>>> Proposal 1396/0: In Memorial (The Voice)
>>
>> No.  Don't make me get unbridledly hostile.
>
>I change my vote on this to YES, if it's not too late.

That's it.  I'm gettin' medieval on your butt.  Where'd I put that maypole...?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower