Glotmorf on 24 Oct 2002 09:38:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] INH

On 10/24/02 at 4:17 AM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>I think we should have some sort of recordkeeping, rather than just the
>current state.  I can't remember what Ordinance 4 originally was.

I agree.  Requiring people to post official INH business on a mailing list somewhere would help; failing that, a chronicle along the lines of the Daily Recognizer.  For example, I have no idea where the "Fnord" stuff came from. (In the Ordinances, that is.  I recognize the reference.)

>Also, I
>think that perhaps we should allow more changes, but include some sort of
>checks and balances.  Voting is the most obvious, but that would be
>complicated.  Perhaps make it such that people can state changes, and if
>half the membership Ratifies a change by the end of the nweek, it happens.

At the moment, Our Leader *is* the check-and-balance system, since e can undo any change e wishes.  Call it semi-imperial.

I think Wonko is conducting an experiment in human chaos: If anybody can make a rule, what would everyone do?

						Glotmorf