Orc In A Spacesuit on 24 Oct 2002 09:18:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] INH

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Okay, in accordance with INH's charter, you new acolytes don't need to post
changes to the Public Forum. You can just send them to everyone else
personally. This is there so that A) we don't stuff the forum with our msgs,
and B) I can reroute all relevant msgs to a separate folder.

I suggest that we include a certain text string in emails, such as "[INH]" or something. Make it an ordinance :).

Also, according to the Charter, each member can only make 2 Ordinance
changes per nweek. That's so that I don't get swamped by everybody joining
and chucking out Ordinances all at once.

Oops. I thought 3 for some reason, probably because bd made 3. Well, I checked things out, and it appears that bd's third one failed, so BNS still determines new leadership, but e did correctly change the ordinances to allow any amount of words replaced.

Another general thought, although I can't do anything with it now that All Your Base Are Belong To Us... I think we should have some sort of recordkeeping, rather than just the current state. I can't remember what Ordinance 4 originally was. Also, I think that perhaps we should allow more changes, but include some sort of checks and balances. Voting is the most obvious, but that would be complicated. Perhaps make it such that people can state changes, and if half the membership Ratifies a change by the end of the nweek, it happens.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is pulling another all-nighter