Glotmorf on 11 Oct 2002 17:18:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Refresh Prop again

On 10/11/02 at 12:00 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> On 10/10/02 at 9:34 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:
>>
>>> Here's the Refresh Prop again.

>> What about Rule 2?  How about changing the last sentence of the first
>> paragraph to read, "All game entities that are not solely identified by
>> possession and quantity must have uniquely identifying names."
>
>"solely identified"? What about things like hit points, that sort of thing?
>If we can tell the difference between two objects based on other
>attributes,
>then what?

Well, my opinion has been that if things can be uniquely identified, it's as good as a name.  But that's an interesting point for a totally different reason: Why is it that two gnomes can be combined to make a third gnome regardless of the number of hit points either one has?  And when one says, "I combine a (type A) gnome with a (type B) gnome", but there's multiple gnomes of either type with different numbers of hit points, how are the appropriate two gnomes selected?

>> What about the Stock Market?  How about in the second para of C.2.5
>changing
>> "even if this overrides" to "though this does not override", and in C.2.3
>> changing "is paid to each entity" to "is paid from the dividend fund to
>each
>> entity". (Personally I think the latter is a non-issue, but we've
>already got
>> enough CFIs.)
>
>Right. I'll add that. Which rule is the Stock Market?

R946.

						Glotmorf