Orc In A Spacesuit on 9 Oct 2002 02:57:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] something constructive

Glotmorf said:
There are things we can throw in, if we must, I suppose. Like giving notice in advance of an actual bulldozing. Course, we'll need a basement in which to put a box labelled "Beware of the Leopard"...

Actually, I was thinking of people having to actually stake some sort of claim on a square and/or actually getting a bulldozer out there. Along with other stuff.

Hm. We'll need a nest of terms, actually. I figured they could be stuck into r6 as they were composed...

1. Something that means "anything in the game". This would include rules, gnomes, players, whatever.

In the uber, that would be an Object.

2. Something that means "anything that can take actions". This excludes rules, includes players and societies and all, and leaves something open.

In the uber, that would be an Entity. And they can be either Independent (Players+Admin) or Dependent (Gremlins).

3. Something that means "anything that is typically regarded in quantity with no regard for individual identity." That'll be gnomes, shillings, et al.

Depends. Score and BNS are properties of objects. Gnomes are Physical Objects (as are Players and Gremlins, but these 2 are also Entities).

And other things that identify specific categories of "anything in the game".

Many things are properties or lists of properties of such Objects as the GameState and Clock.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is shutting up now.