Jonathan David Amery on 18 Jul 2002 13:44:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 860

> I'd prefer not to do that unless I know your proposal would pass.  But the=
>  "get-out" isn't at the gremlin level, because it's the Society itself that=
>  needs the chit, and can't get it from gremlins.

 Hmm...

> I'm not taking both sides of the argument.  Those are two separate=
>  arguments.  At the moment, if someone's proposals fail, e loses points but=
>  can still make five more proposals in the following nweek.  Under your=
>  method, a player with zero points whose proposals fail loses eir chits and=
>  can't get more, except for the one e gets nweekly.  This is a=
>  "poor-get-poorer" mechanism in terms of bandwidth.

 Only because of the artificiality of points only being non-negative.
Players can always ask Luigi for more points, if their new proposal
passes then they'll be able to pay the money back.  Also, your old
chits don't wear out, so you can save them up.

 WC.