Wonko on 6 Feb 2002 02:57:57 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: CFJ: Scoff! Gets his Kicks

Quoth Tyler Crosby,

> I call for Judgement!
>
> STATEMENT:  Glotmorf did not succeed at giving Scoff! a Kick in the Ass for
> having a title which is not on the LON, as she was acting within her
> capacity as the female Style Police by calling herself Miss Emma Stanton
> Scoff of Hadleydale Manor.
>
> I name Glotmorf as defendant.

Ironically enough, I think any judge would have to rule this FALSE because
although Glotmorf did not succeed in giving Scoff! a Kick, it had nothing to
do with Scoff!'s acting as female Style Police. In fact, the reason why
Glotmorf failed to give Miss Scoff! a Kick was because he said "I am *so*
giving her a Kick in the Ass." instead of "Scoff! gets a Kick in the Ass.".
Since the Kick rule specifically requires the latter, the Kick fails not
because it was unjustified but because it never happened in the first place.

--
Wonko
Cum catapultae proscriptae erat, tum soli proscript catapultas habeunt.