Donald Whytock on 20 Jan 2002 15:54:58 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: It adds the Whitespace?

On 1/20/02 at 7:01 AM Greg Ritter wrote:

>Yeah, I'm not so sure of that, lisp-boy.
>
>You just changed the word official Forum to public Forum. A Forum is
>defined in the rules as "the means by which players communicate" and
>subdivides it into two types, public and private.
>
>I believe there remains a question as to whether spoon-discuss is a public
>forum or a private forum, but according to Rule 28, only the Administrator
>can designate a forum as public or private. So the Admin can clear that
>issue up easily by designating spoon-discuss as one or the other for the
>purposes of the game.
>
>At 02:17 AM 1/20/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 12:29:52AM -0500, Wonko wrote:
>> >  In 1/20/02 12:21 AM, the Donald Whytock wrote in the
>> > dwhytock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,:

>> > It reads lower part.
>> > --
>> > Wonko
>>
>>As immenthly amusing as this is, let me point out that you don't have to
>>thushify your text on the thpoon-dithcuth litht anymore. That'th what my
>>'Thushi' proposal did.
>>
>>Tho, no need to resort to clever yet thpammy acrothtic methages to
>>communicate,
>>anyway.
>>--
>>Rob Thpeer

That got cleared up in an earlier CFJ, amazingly by a sushi'd Plunder.  I'd CFJ'd that emailing the Administrator counts as posting to a public forum because the Administrator is publicly accessible to communication.  Plunder ruled that since the rules said the Administrator designated only spoon-business to be the public forum, that's the only public forum.

This is an instance of the fact that the rules describe one set of circumstances implies there can be no other circumstances.

						Glotmorf