Joel Uckelman on 13 Mar 2001 00:15:27 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Voting Misinformation

Quoth Rob Speer:

> \begin{proposal}
> \title{Voting Misinformation}
>
> When voting on the Ballot, a player may specify with any of eir votes an
> alternate choice for which it should appear that e voted.
>
> [[ For example, you could vote 'NO to P942/0, shown as YES'. ]]
>
> The actual vote is counted in the vote totals. However, in all records of
> voting and in all future gameplay, the player is considered to have made the
> alternate vote. Only the Administrator should know how the player actually
> voted.
>
> [[ This may make some voting reports appear to not add up. Tough. It has the
> very useful effect that proposals that have effects based on who voted for th
> em
> fall flat on their face. ]]
>
> \end{proposal}
>
> --
> Rob Speer

Ugh. Then what's to keep someone from reversing all of their votes most (or
all) of the time? Besides, I'd like to minimize the amount of privileged
knowledge I have as Admin.

--
J.