Jorg Rathlev on 3 Mar 2001 19:17:50 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Agents and Organizations

> > Amend rule 105 (Agents) to read:
> >
> > "Any of the following are Agents:
> >
> > 1. Players,
> > 2. Organizations,
> > 3. Parties, if they have one or more representatives who may
> take actions on behalf of the Party."
>
> Congratulations, that prevents anyone from joining the game,
> because they'd
> have to be a player, a party, or an organization already.

No.

> "Agents" needs to be vague unless we change a bunch of rules. My
> concept of an
> Agent is anyone who knows of the existence of A Nomic, as well as any
> imaginary entity associated with A Nomic in the minds of those people.

Yes. I've actually proposed changing a bunch of rules:

Amend rule 106 (Players) by replacing "an Agent" with "a Person".

This means: "A Player is a Person who is capable of ...", so people just need to be a person before becoming a Player.

Amend rule 348 (Player Self-Creation) by replacing "An agent" with "A person".

This means: "A person can make a Motion to Add emself by ..."

However, I just realize that I have to amend R210 (Motion to Add Players) as well. I'll submit a fix to do that.

So with my proposed changes, any person can become a player, and by becoming a player, one automatically becomes an agent as well.

Joerg