Jorg Rathlev on 6 Mar 2001 17:56:10 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Proposal: Agents andOrganizations

> > Orders can be sent to agents (Rules 114, 115), so would anyone who has
> > "publicly indidcated eir presence" be required to follow game orders?
>
> Yup.  It's always been like that.  But only if the recognize the authority
> of the ruleset.  There is very little the rules can do to them if they
> refuse to oblige.  Expulsion from the game is the maximum penalty which
> can be applied.

Yes, but how do you exclude someone who has never actually joined the game?

BTW, if you still don't agree with me you could make a subsidiary proposal, depending on my proposal, to modify item 1 of my proposed rule 105. Then this issue can be decided by voting on it.

Something like this:

--
In rule 105, change "1. Player," to "1. Any person who has publicly indicated eir presence".

This proposal is a subsidiary proposal to P428.
--

but I'm not going to make this proposal myself.

Joerg