Wbfu Xbegorva on 3 Oct 2000 01:16:11 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Yo

Adam Tomjack sprach:
>(Sun, 01 Oct 2000) Thus Spake Wbfu Xbegorva:
>> Suggestion: create an office called "The Pedant" or something like
>> that, give it the duty of spotting and correcting typographical
>> and similar mistakes in rules and other official documents.
>> Pay them a small stipend of points.
>>
>> Then, retract the plethora of new proposals correcting said
>> errors, and wait until there is a Pedant to correct them.
>
>Then I suggest that anyone who doesn't like the spelling proposals to vote
>against them.  This will cause the owners of the proposals to lose 5 point
>for each failed proposal.  Then maybe people will stop making them and the
>only way to fix spelling errors will be to create an office to do so.

I was considering that, but I thought I would offer a nicer alternative
at first.

I'd also welcome the return of no-benefit proposals, to be used for
things like this.

Josh

--
josh blog: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kortbein/blog/