comex on Fri, 19 Jan 2007 06:29:43 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal: Zombies, Part I

On Friday 19 January 2007 8:10, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You don't think it's complicated that every individual point is a
> seperate game object??

Well, no; while there's a whole lot of them, this isn't a computer program
where having each one be an object would be a waste of memory.  And with
points being game objects, you don't have to subtract things and add things
and such; you can just transfer the ownership of a point to another Player.

But anyway, altering the definition of points was not the purpose of this
prop.  I'll move my points cleanup to another prop.

I'll amend my proposal "Zombies, Part I" to:

{{
[[
Any object can have Points, although only players can win, as Victors are
defined in rule 2-3 as being players.
]]
Replace rule 2-4 with:
{{
Any Game Object may have points. Points are Game Objects. Points may not be
awarded to any object, taken from any object, or transferred between objects,
except in ways explicitly permitted or required by the rules. The number of
points an object possesses may also be referred to as that object's "score."

If any Rule or Action would cause an object's Points to become less than zero,
that object's Points becomes zero.
}}

[[
Players are RTOs, and other RTOs won't spontaneously take game actions, but
player-like RTOs can also be legislated.
]]

Throughout rule 4-1, rule 4-2, and rule 4-4 [[not rule 4-5]], replace "player"
with "RTO", changing articles (a, an) as necessary.

Replace the second sentence of the second paragraph in rule 4-2 with:
{{
Its scope is all RTO's.
}}
In rule 4-2, change the first sentence after {{[[GAME ACTIONS - GRAB/DROP]]}}
to:
{{
An RTO may make a "rule tag grab" rule tag action on an RTO that is in the
same RTL as it and without the property "Standing".
}}
Append to the first paragraph of rule 4-2:
{{
All players have the property "Standing" and are RTOs.
}}
}}

I submit a separate proposal, entitled "Points cleanup":
{{
If the proposal titled "Zombies, Part I" passed, replace rule 2-4 with:
{{
Any Game Object may have points. Points are Game Objects. The number of points
an object possesses may also be referred to as that object's "score."  An
object's score cannot be less than zero.
}}
otherwise, replace it with:
{{
Players may have points. Points are Game Objects. The number of points
a player possesses may also be referred to as that player's "score."  A
player's score cannot be less than zero.
}}

}}