Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 25 May 2005 17:08:03 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Re: Fwd: Re: **Tweak Tweak**

Rainbow Wolfe <rainbowdreamwolf@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Amend Rule 0-0: Tweaks,
>
> insert the following paragraph between the first paragraph and the second:
> "Tweaks MUST be declared by using the word 'tweak' in the subject header."
>
> apend to the last sentence:
> "Tweaks are revisible objects."

This is recognized as Tweak #8, expiring Mon May 30 23:48:14 2005
UTC. There are no seconds or objections to it as of yet.

> [[I think the problem here is that people are assuming that documents are
> revisable automatically, and should be specified otherwise. Are any
> rulebooks sppecified as revisable? If not, then we should have as many
> copies as updates.]]

All that making them revisable object does is give them version
numbers. You'd still need some way for someone to be able to edit
them. And you don't want someone to be able to edit them 2 minutes
before they expire to be "I win". Objecting to the old tweak and
creating a new one seems like a reasonable solution to me, as it
accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

--
Peter C.
"And there was sleep deprivation only juniors can know,