Joel Uckelman on 12 Jan 2001 08:16:59 -0000

spoon-business: Re: spoon-discuss: Award values

Quoth Dan Waldron:
> > > Treasurer, could I ask you to set the penalty to something reasonable?
>
> > > The bank is now quite wealthy and I am not.
> >
> > Tax Collector, you mean? We don't have a Treasurer.
> >

> Yeah. That's what I mean.
>
> I'm not sure I like the proposal.  I know it would let me off the hook for
> my personal bankrupcy but I'm still not happy with it.  I think there is
> another problem that we have overlooked.  This is that there are not, at
> present time, enough points in the system to make it work.  I think we
> need to add enough points to the game that the Bank has some margin of
> error before becoming bankrupt.

Point taken. (no pun intended) How much of a cushion do you think we should
have?

> I can't remember if you have ordered me to transfer myself an extra vote
> yet.  I paid lots of points for that vote.  I think I'd like to have it in
> two nweeks time when my motion for repayment comes up.  I remember I put
> the Admin into that to add a delay so the banker couldn't get an extra
> vote without an appropriate waiting period.  Ack!
>
> Poulenc

Doh. I knew I forgot about something. I believe that's still in my message
queue.

So, I'll recognize Poulenc's purchase of an Extra Vote.

--
J.