Joel Uckelman on Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:06:43 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Russian Land Phase, December 1805

Thus spake "Nate Ellefson":

> I would disagree with this line.  I think that Spain should only be able
> to take part in the battle if they have combined movement with Russia,
> which they don't.  Combined movement is what accounts for coordination
> among countries, and that if combined movement isn't there, neither is
> the coordination that is required for two countries to fight as a single
> force.  In my opinion, in this case, if the Spanish garrison wants to
> fight, they'll have to try to break out independently of Russian action.

There is a clear example in which combined movement is not needed to fight:
reinforcement during a battle. Belligerent corps adjacent to an area where
there's a battle can try to reinforce, regardless of whose land phase it is.

--
J.