Kyle H on Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:01:04 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Jumping the Gun

> > As there were errors with those land orders, we
> > allowed those to be corrected.  If you look carefully at the Combined
> > Movement Sequence outlined in 7.3.8, each major power takes their move
in
> > turn.  GB took its move, then Prussia took its move (as amended), and
now
> > Austria still has to take its move.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out and making my point for me. According to
> 7.3.8.1, the allies must decide who with combined movement will move
> first.  I was not allowed
> this as Prussia went before the war of E. Milan had even started.

    That seems like miscommunication among the Coalition partners.  I don't
see how it concerns me.  You are to decide amongst yourselves who will go
first.  When land orders appear from GB and from Prussia, that sure seems
like that is the order that you wished to move in.  How are the rest of us
supposed to know that someone is acting out of turn unless someone says so?
A simple email from you saying Prussia's land phase is invalid because he
is going out of order (or because no order has been legally established)
would have helped.
    (Apparently we also need to establish means for determining that the
order of movement has been legally determined.  I suppose an escrow will do.
You could send it out to all the Coalition partners, and they could send
established.)

> How is France being punished?

    In the intervening days when I thought I was only waiting for Austria's
land orders, I have made agreements with 2 players the details of which I am
not at liberty to reveal.

    You guys do what you want.  But I don't want you guys to forget that on
two occasions I requested to go back and change things that would have had
no effect on what had happened since, and both times my request was
rejected.  If you feel like you need to go back and change things to make
things work out for you, that's great.  Go ahead.  But don't pretend that
the rules are being applied the same to everyone.

kdh