Kyle H on Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:54:34 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] 2 rules questions

    7.5.1.1.2 does seem to indicate that sieges are declared when an
opponent retires into a city (i.e. during movement).  This new information
convinces me that besiegers can't reinforce.  Thanks for finding the rule
for me.  (That is why I asked the question, after all.)
    Joel and Jim also cleared up my question about artillery as part of the
flanking force.  They informed me that artillery can't flank (which I either
didn't know or had forgotten).  The only remaining question seems to be
whether flanking guard units can be committed before arriving.  Logic seems
to dictate that they cannot, and if there is consensus for that position (as
I assume there is), then we should adopt it as a house rule (since there
doesn't appear to be any such restriction in the rules).

kdh

P.S.  Is Everett having email trouble again?  Does anyone know?  I think I'm
going to send out my Economic Phase orders early, and just amend them as
necessary once the Austrian land phase is resolved.