Michael Gorman on 8 Aug 2003 19:32:54 -0000

Re: [eia] voluntary access

At 10:57 AM 8/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
OK, then, I'll state more specific conditions for my voluntary access to
Austria, Prussia, Spain, and Turkey:

1.)  Access is to last so long as:
     a.)  The power is allied to Great Britain.
     b.)  The power is not allied with France.

2.)  Powers are not granted access into ports which contain a fleet or
fleets of that power's enemies, if those enemy fleets belong to an ally of
Great Britain.

God Save the King !
-JJY

Since we're talking how access works, I'll chime in. How I read this is that once condition 1 is violated in either clause a or b, corps from the countries granted access would then have to ask permission anew to enter British territory. Forces already within British territory would not be affected by the violation of clause one and would continue to have access until they departed British territory in such a way that rescinding access to return would not block their ability to return from whence they came.

Additionally, corps that had entered and passed through British territory before the agreement was rescinded would still have access to return home by the same path they first went through British territory.

I doubt it's all that big an issue in most cases, but this is a chance to muse over the rules before we get into a crisis on what they mean.

Mike