J.J. Young on 11 Jul 2003 18:26:00 -0000

Re: [eia] conquering the Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies

>          The way things are written it looks like you only take the
> secondary districts with the primary when the minor nation is neutral.  It
> should also be noted that if you control the primary province and a
> secondary goes neutral, you immediately get control of the secondary.

My point is, when is the minor ever going to be neutral when it's conquered
?  As soon as war is declared, someone almost always takes control of the
minor, especially multi-district minors, which tend to be more valuable.  As
far as I can see, the game makes no distinction between conquest of a minor
which was neutral, and had war declared on it, and a minor which was
conquered away from a major power at war with the conquerer.  Either way,
the conquerer gains the minor and the controlling major power loses it.
Again, I point to GB's conquest of Denmark/Norway as an example.  Was it a
mistake ?  Should Britain have had to conquer Norway separately ?  If Russia
had been successful in its attack on Sweden, would it then have had to
conquer Finland from the Spanish separately ?

-JJY