Joel Uckelman on 11 Jul 2003 16:27:00 -0000

Re: [eia] conquering the Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies

Thus spake "Kyle H":

>     Hello all.  Yesterday, JJ alerted me to the fact that there may be a =
> disagreement regarding what would happen if Turkey were to conquer =
> Naples.  After consulting 10.4 and 11.7, it is my opinion that if Turkey =
> were to conquer Naples, Turkey would gain control of the entire Kingdom =
> of the 2 Sicilies (both Naples and Sicily).  However, if Spanish troops =
> remain in Palermo unbesieged, then Sicily would revert to Spanish =
> control at the end of the following turn.  (So there would be only one =
> turn during which Sicily was officially under Turkish control.)
>
>     Does anyone disagree with that interpretation?
>
> kdh

I do. I think Spain would have continuous control of Sicily, due to
10.4.3.1:

"The control of a secondary district is not given to the controller of the
major district if a secondary district is already controlled by a different
major power."

--
J.