Craig Daniel on Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:51:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Emergency Resolution

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 12:45 -0500, Craig Daniel wrote:
>> I think you don't count, because I believe we're going by last
>> formally recognized list and that this is actually the Registrar's
>> report. But I'm not sure. In either case, though, I think there's an
>> emergency on. I suggest we agree on spoon-business as the emergency
>> forum unless anybody has a strong objection to it. (I know the Google
>> group's also been suggested, and I'm up for it if we can't agree on
>> S-B, but frankly I don't see what's wrong with using a list we're all
>> already on.) Then we have to agree on a coordinator, and then we start
>> submitting RPs.
>
> Note that I have the ability to ban people from bnomic-emergencyforum at
> will, and the forum actually exists for that purpose (it was a scam from
> the start; the idea is that only people pre-vetted to vote for RPs that
> the scamsters want would be able to vote, and thus a huge scam could be
> slipped into the resulting RP). It therefore may not be the best choice
> if you want the new ruleset to be determined vaguely democratically.

I remembered that it was made for a scam but I'd recalled it as
working by not even inviting people into the forum or something.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and not agree to use it. Thanks for the reminder.

 - teucer