Craig Daniel on Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:26:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Fixing B Nomic

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:49 AM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right, this has gone too far but I intend to bring it back.
>
> Rule 5E0 states that "The Emergency Coordinator shall designate a means for PEPs to communicate as the Emergency Forum".
>
> Not all the PEPs can communicate via the designated means therefore it is not a valid emergency forum so I, as a PEP, designate
> spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx as the emergency forum.

We used to have a problem (which we fixed before it got scammed) where
the EC merely had to notify PEPs, rather than notify *all* PEPs, of
the Emergency Forum. Establishing this loophole's existence, in fact,
killed a bizarre scam Wooble attempted.

Unfortunately, we didn't plug the parallel loophole - and either J or
ais523 has designated a means for PEPs to communicate, even though
neither one is a means for *all* PEPs to communicate.

> The pause (according to the clock on the wiki) is 3. All attempts to artificially increment the pause have failed as Laws cannot affect
> things outside of them nor can they affect things not on the squares they govern.

This isn't entirely true. Laws can establish things which you can do
with the things they create, and the rules do not assert that such
things cannot affect anything else.

Now, the rules trump the laws. The Pause gets incremented every
midnight (per rule 0). Unfortunately, rule 0 doesn't *also* say that
it can't be incremented by other means such as laser sharpeners. So I
believe comex has defeated the cabal - but we'll have to wait two
weeks before anyone can start a new emergency that can be resolved,
and the cabal might beat the rest of us to doing so.

> Assuming the pause is 3 and spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx is the emergency forum, I submit the following refresh proposal:

s-b is definitely not the Emergency Forum.

> All Game Actions and Discussion of the Game State of B Nomic must take place on a Public Forum or a Discussion Forum and
> cannot take place on a Private Forum.

man what