Martin R Crowther on Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:43:53 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: Color choice

I have no objection... and I do remember that prop now.

I don't think (in this case) that using Exec Tidyness is a major misuse. All it means is that players have been a variety of colours during the past few weeks and were unaware of it. Although not being a player I obviously can't completely comment on this.

(and yes, I would usually translate the Exec Tidy powers as fixing typo's - I suppose it depends whether it's going to change the game state dramatically or not. The change could always be CFI'd if anyone disagrees with this use of power.)

RW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 3:43 PM
Subject: [s-d] Re: Color choice

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Executive Tidiness exists to let us repair errors, whether they're
made by normal players or by Ministers. I see no difference between
adding the text that should have been put in nweeks ago, and, for
example, adding the missing W to 'aterspouts' some time after the rule
was created. Would you claim that if enough time had elapsed, the
Statute of Limitations would force the rule to talk about "aterspouts"?

No, and that's a good point. I guess that I'm just pointing out that
there may be a difference between fixing a typo and adding all of a
Body to a Card.

When I first read Executive Tidiness, I was thinking that it was
mainly for fixing typos, but I guess that its use here is more
inclined to allowing any kind of quick change as long as there is
unanimous consent.

And since there is little to be gained by not allowing the bodies to
be added to the cards, I (and most others, presumably) won't object.

--
Peter C.
"Timeline? This is no time to talk about time. We don't have the time!"