Daniel Lepage on Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:21:48 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Fw: Color choice

On Mar 3, 2005, at 8.11 PM, Martin R Crowther wrote:

I read this mean that every player has a color, and that initially that colour is clear. So, unless there is a way of getting a color that I missed (I haven't read all the text for the cards yet) I'd guess we can choose a colour. Maybe player's color should be "Player's Color" instead?

Rule 393 states that Game Objects can't change the game state unless another rule says they can, so even if there's no rule-defined way to change your color, you still can't unless a rule says you can.

As it happens, there is a way to change your color, but it seems to have been consumed by accident - every color card should have the effect "Target Player becomes <color>" where <color> is the card's name. This was put into effect by p1936 <http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ViewProposals?propid=1936>, but it looks like the Ministry of Cards changed hands at the same time this passed, and the changes must've been lost in the shuffle. I'll fix this later tonight.

--
Wonko

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."
  -- Douglas Adams