Jorg Rathlev on 28 Apr 2001 23:08:07 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Joel, help us!

> Elections for nweek 21:
> * Banker
> Joerg
>
> [[ Is this right? Can there be an election with only one nominee? ]]

Yes, I think so. I'd suggest voting yes or no in this case. However, the rules don't seem to allow such votes -- rule 359 states "Voters may cast exactly one vote for a candidate for each Elective Office on the Ballot."

So you're not required to vote, but if you do, you must vote *for* the only candidate. That's not really a good rule. On the other hand, with votes being yes or no, what's going to happen if the majority votes *against* the only candidate?

Does anyone have a good idea about how to fix this?

Joerg