Craig Daniel on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:58:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Consultations on the Pencil Sharpener

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >      - teucer's macks were set to m100 by ais523's Refresh Proposal
>> >      - teucer purchased a rapier (m75)
>>
>> Under this interpretation I had already given m30 to ehird, and
>> destroyed m30 to color a square, so I can't have gotten the rapier.
>>
>> >    so teucer had m15 when this consultation was submitted (and I
>> >    believe e still has m15 now).
>>
>> I have never had less than m40 under this interpretation of events,
>> and am at m50 now.
>>
>> Oh, by the way: I find comex's answer on 162 CONSISTENT.
>
> Bah. My brain is too much jelly to figure out how much mack you've got now.

Depending on the answers to various Consultations, it is either 18Kish or 50.

Prompted by ehird, I submit the following Consultations:

{Question: Are the answers to Pondered Consultations correct, after
the Consultations become Pondered?
Unbeliever: ehird
Arguments: if not, then what the fuck is the point of Consultations?
Also, if not, then lots of PDs have been treated as correct because
they reflected game reality as described by Pondered Consultations,
possibly without actually doing so; these having not been ratified,
there have been unfulfilled ministerial obligations at various points
and we're probably in some sort of clock crisis.}
{Question: Do the answers to Pondered Consultations become correct
when the Consultations become Pondered?
Unbeliever: ehird
Arguments: Assuming the above to be found TRUE, as it should be (IMO),
either they become correct when Pondered or they are understood to
have always been correct. Since we have the power to find Inconsistent
those Consultations that don't plausibly reflect pre-Consultation game
reality, I'm inclined to think the answer is No - their truth value
does not change as a result of being Pondered; they're just the final
word on what was or was not already the case.}
{Question: Do Pondered Consultations create precedents that affect how
to accurately judge other Consultations?
Unbeliever: ehird
Arguments: if Pondered Consultations have truthful Answers per the
Arguments above, then those Answers must be taken into account by
subsequent Consultations or the result of the gamestate is
paradoxical. A No answer here is obviously Inconsistent if the Answers
to Pondered Consultations are true, by the way, but obviously correct
if the answers to the above two Consultations are both No. If a Yes
answer becomes Pondered (the outcome I believe should be the case),
I'm going to make a habit of including relevant precedents in
Consultations I submit - and whenever anybody else does so I will find
Inconsistent any answer that ignores them all.}

I challenge the Oracle's public display.

 - teucer