Ed Murphy on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:58:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Consultations on the Pencil Sharpener

In eir answer to Consultation 162, comex wrote:

> The only other reason Warrigal might not have m10,000 is that he never
> explicitly consented to modifying the Laws, etc; he merely intended,
> with Teucer's consent, to do so, then Teucer consented and did so.
> However, I find that intending with consent to do something involves
> implicit consent.  As a corroborating data point, in Agora, if you
> intend to do something with Support, a supporter generally can go
> ahead and do it for you without you having to explicitly consent.

(E later claimed that teucer intended and Warrigal consented, but e was
right the first time.)

What comex got wrong is that neither Warrigal nor teucer actually
carried out the intended change.  I declare eir answer inconsistent.

I answer Consultation 163 YES, based on the following interpretations:

  * As noted, the Laser Printer never existed, so neither it nor the
    Pencil Sharpener changed any mack holdings.

  * Macks are fungible, so the following events were successful except
    as noted:

      - teucer's macks were set to m100 by ais523's Refresh Proposal
      - teucer purchased a rapier (m75)
      - teucer stabbed ehird ten times (m10 each, successful twice)
      - teucer stabbed comex ten times (m10 each, unsuccessful)
      - Warrigal gives m10 to teucer
      - teucer gives m30000 to comex (unsuccessful)

    so teucer had m15 when this consultation was submitted (and I
    believe e still has m15 now).