Mark Karasek on 27 Jan 2004 20:51:53 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] CFI 1748

I concur with Glotmorf's analysis that r1248 (Speed Limit) caused the plaintiff's score to be set to either 42 or 542. However, it is impossible to determine which value it was set to; thus it was undefined and by r154, Section A, it was subsequently set to zero. This caused the Speed Limit to take effect, setting the plaintiff's score to 42 or 542, causing it to become undefined and thererfore zero and causing the Speed Limit to take effect again (and again (and again...)).

In summary, at the time that the CFI was issued the plaintiff's score was continuously changing between undefined and zero, and continued to do so until the end of the nweek, at which time it became (and stayed at) zero.

My judgement on this CFI is Refused, as the plaintiff's score was in an indeterminate state; the actual value is moot, as it eventually became zero.

--The Pusher Robot