Glotmorf on 22 Jan 2004 06:07:28 -0000

[Spoon-business] CFI 1763

CFI 1763:

Statement: If the ruleset defines the effects of an action, this counts as a
definition for the purposes of rule 1638.
Defendant: None
Plaintiff: Teucer
Judge: Glotmorf

Judge's ruling:

I rule this to be True.

Judge's analysis:

If this were the real world, I might make noises of nerve impulses and free
will.  But this is the nomiverse, where all we ever see of actions are effects.
We can talk about virtual hand-waving and all, but when it comes right down
to it those are effects too.

If this isn't true, it's impossible to fix.  I'm not talking C Nomic; I'm talking
No Nomic.

I have said.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt