David E. Smith on 23 Oct 2002 03:48:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday evening)

Since nobody seems to read all the way down: THERE ARE CFI ASSIGNMENTS
HEREIN. PAY ATTENTION. Thank you, please drive through.

Yes, I did in fact determine BvS' drunkenness and its effects on eir
votes. That was included in the voting results. None of the proposals on
which e mis-voted due to BAC were the one on which e cast 2000+ votes.

Orc is credited 6 points as a miscellaneous effect of p1127.

Wonko Answers the Telephone. (+5 points)

BvS is credited 20 points for Gnome ministerial duties, and enters the
Grid. (Since BvS' score is still subject to dispute, I shan't at this time
recognize eir conversion of points to BNS.)

Naath is placed on Forced Leave.
Rule 1075 revises itself (1075/1).
Voice, Naath and Squire are removed from The Island, as they're on Leave.

(Aside: Glotmorf, you sure you don't want my job? You seem to be doing
rather better at it than I, catching all these little details I've
overlooked.)

CFIs, ruling, judge
1122, TRUE, Glotmorf
1054, TRUE, Glotmorf
1103, rescinded, a while back, and I overlooked it (GM -2 pts)
1086, REFUSED, Athena
1098, FALSE, Athena
1099, FALSE, Athena
1105, FALSE, Athena
1106, TRUE, Athena

New CFIs (they're on the Web site):
* Wonko's various Societies CFIs are 1152 - 1154; all three assigned to
  Baron von Skippy (as one of the very few eligible judges left :)
* Glotmorf's "BvS didn't Win" CFI is 1155, assigned to Lord Gregarian.
* 1098 is Appealed: The Upper House calls... um... hold on, I'm not sure
  there's three legal judges left... aha. Glotmorf Athena, and Wonko.
* bd's two CFIs regarding IT and beverages (see below for my brevet rule)
  are 1158 and 1159, both assigned to Glotmorf. (bd, um, there's no player
  with the name you gave for a defendant. Here's a 20-BNS note, go buy a
  new keyboard with a space bar.)

Props:
"This is to Inform You That..." is 1156/0.
"Another Band-Aid (TM) For Societies" is 1157/0.

The state of various organizations' charters is such that I'm not sure who
can legally do what at this point. Someone, anyone, please, either fix the
damn thing or toss it out with the garbage where it really belongs.
Societies are like this really tacky peacock lamp my mother has that
doesn't work and isn't all that attractive, but for some irrational
sentimental reason it stays around. This is NOMIC, not my mother's house.

I believe that the most recent batch of CFIs means that Glotmorf is the
Wealthy Bastard, and on that assumption I'm applying eir changes to the
WBE charter.

Wonko does the Secret Mookie dance, which apparently involves changing eir
name a lot and confusing the hell outta me, but e then becomes WMNV, then
Wonko again. (E can't legally change eir name to Yoda, as that name is
already in use. Do you still wish to press forth the CFI?)

AS becomes a Corporation.
vSOI becomes a Corporation.

Athena buys two Olive Trees (-15 points for the first, -14 for the second).

The efforts to milk IT for free beverages seem unlikely to succeed --
yeah, IT may in fact dispense Tea, but IT doesn't seem to be immune to
precedence. A cup of Tea will still cost 2d3 points (1081.A.8.1). Same
argument for Coffee, 'cept it's more expensive and uses a different
subsection of the same rule. Since, I believe, everyone stated they were
just sorta taking them instead of paying for them as is required, I'm
choosing not to recognize those actions at this time. (Nobody can afford a
thousand cups of anything.)

Rob recognizes a SOE. (That's 4, I think.)

...dave