Glotmorf on 16 Jul 2002 07:04:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] CFI 828 Judgment

CFI 828 reads:

"Statement: The groups "The Juinor G-Men" and "The Juinor Pay-BD-Men" have no members, and cannot have Gremlins as members.

"Analysis (stolen from Dave): None of the entities named as members of either society have yet declared their willingness to be members thereof (and, as NPCs, are unlikely to do so). The public rules provided for that society provide no way for Gremlins to join, and even if they did, the Gremlins have no legal way to accept the invitation. Furthermore, even if the listed Gremlins were members (which they aren't), none of them could make proposals. The society may *attempt* to do so, but there are no players in the society from which the required bandwidth may be drawn."

As a member of the Upper House, I judge this to be FALSE.

Analysis:

(I would really like to have seen some analysis from Rob regarding eir ruling.  Pity the sushi made that sufficiently near to impossible as to prevent it.)

I have presented my analysis on this earlier.  Highlights from same:

- Per Rule 578 at the time the CFI was created, the declaration of willingness by initial members of societies was only required of players, not other entities.

- Per Rule 578 at the time the CFI was created, the declaration of acceptance by invitees of societies was only required of players, not other entities.

- Per Rule 578 at the time the CFI was created, societies were not required to provide a means of adding new members.

- Per Rule 578 at the time the CFI was created, it was not required of a society's members that they be able to make proposals, since society proposals are made by the society itself.

- Per Rule 578 at the time the CFI was created, it was not required of a society's non-player members that they have any bandwidth capacity in order for the society to make proposals; the requirement was on player members, should there actually be any.

I have said.

						Glotmorf