Glotmorf on 16 Jul 2002 07:32:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] Slumbering Giant 1

Mr. A...Slumbering Giant 1 is no longer a player.

Slumbering Giant 1's public forum post of 5/29/2002 reads:

"I change my name to "Slumbering Giant 1".
I give my proxy to Wonko, with the restriction that he only use it to vote the way he thinks I'd want him to.
I briefly ponder whether I can do the above at the moment.
I go on Leave, with an expected return date of 20020619."

Since the results of nweek 16's ballot were posted on 5/28/2002, this means Slumbering Giant 1 went On Leave as of nweek 17, nday 2.

Rule 206 reads:

"If any player has been On Leave for more than 3 consecutive nweeks, that player shall be removed from the roster and shall cease to be a player."

Rule 3 reads:

"One nweek shall be defined to be 10 ndays, or the time between two consecutive changes in the number of nweeks on The Clock."

Since it is now nweek 20, nday 5, more than three nweeks have passed since Slumbering Giant 1 went On Leave.  Therefore, per Rule 206, e has ceased to be a player.

						Glotmorf