Glotmorf on 16 Jul 2002 07:20:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] CFI 874 Judgment

On 7/15/02 at 2:49 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>I make the following CFI:
>
>Statement: Uin, aka Uncle Psychosis, aka the Reality Police, aka
>Slumbering
>Giant 1, is on Forced Leave as of nweek 19.
>
>Analysis: Uin has not cast any votes since the nweek 16 ballot, instead
>choosing to give Wonko er proxy.
>
>Rule 208 reads:
>
>"A player may designate another player to be the holder of eir proxy, with
>or without restrictions. The holder of a proxy may, depending on any
>restrictions issued along with the proxy, cast a vote in the name of the
>player whose proxy is held, on any matter requiring a vote, including, but
>not limited to, proposals and calls for judgment. A player who has given
>eir
>proxy to be held may withdraw it at any time."
>
>Nowhere does this rule say that the player holding the proxy is casting
>votes as though the player giving the proxy were voting. Therefore, Wonko
>was given a second set of votes, and uin has not voted on the past three
>ballots.
>
>Rule 146, Section B.3:
>
>"A Player's Activity increases by one at the end of an nweek if e voted on
>that nweek's Ballot; otherwise, unless the Player is on voluntary Leave,
>eir
>Activity decreases by one."
>
>Rule 205:
>
>"Any player who is not already On Leave and whose Activity has decreased
>for
>two consecutive nweeks shall be placed onto Forced Leave. In all other
>respects being on Forced Leave is identical to being On Leave."
>
>As uin has not voted for three ballots, er Activity has dropped by three,
>and he was thusly placed on Forced Leave at the beginning of nweek 19.
>
>                                                   -BvS-

I judge this CFI to be FALSE.

Analysis:

Slumbering Giant 1 made the following public forum post during nweek 17:

"I change my name to "Slumbering Giant 1".
I give my proxy to Wonko, with the restriction that he only use it to vote the way he thinks I'd want him to.
I briefly ponder whether I can do the above at the moment.
I go on Leave, with an expected return date of 20020619."

Slumbering Giant 1 is therefore On Leave. (The Roster mistakenly does not state this.)  Per Rule 146 quoted in the CFI's analysis, eir Activity has therefore not decreased; thus, Rule 205 as quoted above does not apply.

I have said.

						Glotmorf