Simon McGregor on Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:12:30 -0700 (MST)

Re: [game-lang] Language Syntax

Clearly several people here strongly dislike indentation syntax. I
guess we'll go with option number 2 then. Mutter mutter delimiter
breeding ground ;-)

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Joel Uckelman <uckelman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thus spake Simon McGregor:
>> I'm sure you've heard this all before! Out of interest, and without
>> really hoping to persuade you otherwise, what do you dislike so much
>> about it?
>>

> The way that Python forces you to layout your code it not always the
> best for readability; judicious use of whitespace and delimiters, when
> properly formatted help readability rather than hinder it.

Interesting. I can imagine this is true, but in the sorts of code I
write, I've never come across it. Did you have any examples in mind?

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Richard Walter <rwalter42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As Joel already said, meaningful whitespace is pure, unadulterated evil.

Right, so no '//'-style single-line comments. Understood! ;-)

Simon