Simon McGregor on Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:16:53 -0700 (MST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[game-lang] Fluent calculus
- To: A list for developing a game representation language <game-lang@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [game-lang] Fluent calculus
- From: Simon McGregor <londonien@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:16:27 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=KJmrdOY3lxGEkE7KlIKwbMenlCIMI3mGcIz9e5qx710=; b=AkVVTmwkvqrVoXGhsNGmnG2FTbfwdSW9ff00YTHejAyE6KwlnEyGfdzwTyftCzjAbQ 6B5AycqOdYIgiuU1mukDZJQdJlkdEhg7TWsMXune9pYpTdfT/YVAoiMvIVZ9ufzK2BNy Iy3HbR3nFPzYQPEoOeo77gzCFNZK8tHtwnfaA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=s4hfbu5tBaTjc7oLtyf7PF5cHbyj1iP53915nkj1gQSBYIs6aTPoXp2bOp+Kxrf4Oi 11Xg8kBawCTv0Mf8a6WdQeiH3jwFctZyb/n/T+fixdsrwJ1gArDkeCRsrUsMGZV3HlAs 1QkAgQxQAo20/haENX7YSLTYAJ2SjHSevlIJY=
Having looked more at the fluent calculus, I like it. It basically
represents the world state as a collection of true-or-false facts.
Actions' results are specified in terms of the facts they change.
Given some nice syntactic sugar and extended to handle stochastic
transitions, it could be a strong candidate.
The basic fluent calculus seems to be a single-actor model. It makes
sense of why all GDL's players would act simultaneously; that's one
way to solve this issue.
What do other people think?
game-lang mailing list